Finding Balance While Losing One's Mind -- OR -- Where In My Contract Is The Part About Having To Pull My Own Kids' Teeth? -- OR -- Do You Want Me To Pull This Car Over Right Now? -- OR -- Just a Minute - I'm On The Phone!

Monday, August 20, 2007

Hannah Montana, Where Are You?

There's no joy in Ishkabibbleville tonight, as so far we've been unable to get our hands on even one ticket for Hannah Montana's concert in October.

I'd asked my mother, whose motto is and always has been: "anything for a grandchild" to talk to a friend of hers who has presented just about every concert and special event here for the past, oh I don't know, ninety-nine years, about front row seats so Cleopatra and a friend could try their luck at shaking Hannah's hand during the concert. I've always turned down her offers to approach her friend because I figured we'd get only one special favor out of him and since the Beatles had made it clear they weren't getting back together nothing ever seemed important enough, but now the happiness (okay -- temporary happiness, but still...) of my seven-year-old girl with the huge, hypnotic hazel eyes was at stake. Since Mawmaw would never fail one of the "World's Most Perfect Grandchildren" I was certain we'd be there in October.

It turned out that Mawmaw's friend is not presenting this concert. The instant she informed me I was online scrambling for the Ticketmaster web site, and finding that there were "no tickets available" for this performance. Unsure exactly what this meant (it's a 20,000 seat venue, after all) I googled Hannah Montana and the name of our city and discovered that the concert sold out eight minutes after the tickets went on sale. Sure enough, I also found armloads of tickets going for astronomical prices on Ebay and other sites.

I can just imagine dozens of scalpers simultaneously working dozens of computers the very moment ticket sales began. They're all going to make boatloads of money to the dismay of hundreds of little girls who can't shell out more than $500 per ticket (yes, that's right, and some of them are selling for way more). I hope some of them read this and feel even a small twinge of guilt for making it all about money instead of little kids. Shame!!

Visit my web site, FeeFiFoto.com, for personalized photo gifts. We will put your photos on almost anything. Put your favorite pictures on personalized photo mugs, personalized photo Christmas ornaments, personalized photo calendars, personalized photo handbags, personalized photo puzzles, personalized photo playing cards and personalized photo jewelry. Check out our new promotion: order up to four personalized photo calendars and we'll ship them for the cost of one.

2 comments:

Girls Can't WHAT? said...

I feel your pain. I posted the same frustration last week after our local venue sold out in 4-minutes. :(

Call me ISHKABIBBLE (It's Faux Yiddish for: "I Should Worry") said...

yeah, i guess we know firsthand what it's like to have an Achy Breaky Heart ;)