Finding Balance While Losing One's Mind -- OR -- Where In My Contract Is The Part About Having To Pull My Own Kids' Teeth? -- OR -- Do You Want Me To Pull This Car Over Right Now? -- OR -- Just a Minute - I'm On The Phone!

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Barry Bonds ...

...ties Hank Aaron's record, hitting his 755th career home run during a game in San Diego. According to Tim Brown, writing for Yahoo! Sports: "[h]e is one home run from owning the record outright, a mark many consider the most sacred in sports, one that Aaron held alone since surpassing Babe Ruth in 1974." Read article here

Hmmmm. "The most sacred [record] in sports..."

I thought that was Ruth's/Maris's season homerun record...

or Gehrig's/Ripken's record for most consecutive games...

or DiMaggio's hitting streak...

Gotta love those sportswriters: masters of subtlety.

Visit my web site, FeeFiFoto.com, for personalized photo gifts. We will put your photos on almost anything. Put your favorite pictures on personalized photo mugs, personalized photo Christmas ornaments, personalized photo calendars, personalized photo handbags, personalized photo puzzles, personalized photo playing cards and personalized photo jewelry. Check out our new promotion: order up to four personalized photo calendars and we'll ship them for the cost of one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It doesn't matter how sacred the record it, Bonds did it while cheating on Steriods and HGH. He's a cheater, and I don't care if people think he's broken any record, in my book he's a scumbag and didn't do a damn thing except model the worst of behavior for legions of fans young and old.

Call me ISHKABIBBLE (It's Faux Yiddish for: "I Should Worry") said...

Ah yes -- and then there's that. In a twisted way I feel some gratitude to Barry Bonds for giving me an opportunity to talk with my kids about drugs and cheating.