Finding Balance While Losing One's Mind -- OR -- Where In My Contract Is The Part About Having To Pull My Own Kids' Teeth? -- OR -- Do You Want Me To Pull This Car Over Right Now? -- OR -- Just a Minute - I'm On The Phone!

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Swim Wear That Fits!?

Today I went to one of those parties you attend because your friends invite you to look at whatever wares they're flogging and you listen to the demonstration and make artificial sympathetic noises and try not to make eye contact so you can get out of there without having to buy anything you could get cheaper and easier at the mall if you needed it or wanted it, which you don't anyway. I've seen cookware (I already have what I need), soup and dip mixes (I like to cook from scratch), Tupperware (a charming hostess gave a room full of Jewish women advice on how to freeze pork steaks), Mary Kay (the foundation was green), and jewelry (okay -- I did buy gifts for my sister and mother at this one).

My friend was showing "QUENCHwear," swim wear and leisure clothing designed by her cousin to flatter the seventy-five percent of us who aren't shaped the way ninety percent of swim wear designers think we are. The tanks were a little longer, the skirts were just short enough, she had several long sleeved tops that would go well with pants, jeans or shorts, and everything was good looking and comfortable. One of the tops resembled a sweat shirt with a low scoop neck gathered with a drawstring; probably one third of the women there bought that top in black or white. I bought my first two piece suit ever, to replace the tank suit from Land's End in an unfortunate shade of turquoise that made me look and feel like a dumpy woman trying to come off as a young chick and only looking more dumpy.

And that was the key. To be able to buy a swim suit without having to try on and despair over dozens of rejects is a distinct pleasure: I felt like I got away with something!

Bring on the jeans!

Check it out: QUENCHwear.

Visit my web site, FeeFiFoto.com, for personalized photo gifts. We will put your photos on almost anything. Look for personalized photo mugs, personalized photo calendars, personalized photo handbags, personalized photo puzzles, personalized photo playing cards and personalized photo jewelry.

No comments: